Quinnipiac University offers student account customers the convenience of two student refund options:
Direct Deposit - Funds typically available within 3 business days.
Paper Check - Mailed to your preferred mailing address.
How does Direct Deposit work?
Direct Deposit allows you to have your Student Account refund electronically deposited directly into your personal checking or savings account. Most financial institutions throughout the United States are in the Direct Deposit network. Unfortunately, Direct Deposit is not available for foreign bank accounts at this time.
What are the benefits of Direct Deposit?
- Quick and extremely convenient
- Deposit(s) are made automatically without any effort on your part, after your enrollment has been completed
- Safety and confidentiality is assured with electronic transfer to your account
- Absolutely no charge to you for the electronic deposit service
- Start earning interest on your money immediately when electronically deposited to an interest bearing account
- Avoid long lobby and drive-in lines
- No risk of misplacing your check
- Eliminates the possibility of your check being lost or stolen and forged
- Avoids delays of banking by mail
How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
You can sign up for Direct Deposit via your WebAdvisor account. Log on to WebAdvisor and under "Financial Information" click "Bank Information (U.S.)". You can add/change/delete your banking information 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Once your banking information is entered and accepted, you will begin receiving your refunds electronically via Direct Deposit.
Please note that once you enter your banking information, you do not need to re-enroll each semester. Your information will be securely maintained and used to disburse refunds in subsequent semesters. Should you need to modify or delete your banking information, changes can be made through your WebAdvisor account as noted above. For your convenience and safety, an email will be sent to your Quinnipiac e-mail account any time a change is made to your banking information.
What if I choose not to sign up for Direct Deposit?
If you do not sign up for Direct Deposit you will receive your refund via paper check. Checks will be mailed to your preferred mailing address on file with the Registrar's Office. You can check your address at MyQ Portal > WebAdvisor > Personal Profile. Checks will not be held in the Bursar's Office for pickup. If you need your refund check quickly, the fastest and most convenient way to get your refund is to enroll in Direct Deposit.
How do I find my banking information in order to enroll in Direct Deposit?
In order to enroll in Direct Deposit, you will need to know the routing number and bank account number for the bank account where you want your funds to be deposited. You can find the routing number and account number (Adobe PDF) at the bottom of your checks issued for the account or by contacting your bank directly.
Is it secure to enter my bank information in WebAdvisor?
All information entered by you is kept secure by Quinnipiac University. Various electronic and procedural safeguards are in place to protect student information.
Can I use a foreign bank account with Direct Deposit?
No, foreign bank accounts may not be used for Direct Deposit; however, most financial institutions throughout the United States are in the Direct Deposit network. If you are an international student and would like your funds direct deposited, you may want to consider opening a bank account with a local bank.
Is there a time/deadline to submit my bank information in order to receive a Direct Deposit?
Yes. Your bank information must be submitted on WebAdvisor by Sunday evening at 8 p.m. EST for funds to be released via Direct Deposit during the week beginning on the following Monday.
What happens if I miss the deadline to submit my bank information and am expecting a refund?
If we do not have your bank information on file when a refund is issued, a paper check will automatically be issued and mailed out to your preferred mailing address the day after it is generated. Checks will not be held in the Bursar's Office for pickup.
What happens if my Direct Deposit is rejected?
If your Direct Deposit is rejected, a paper check will be issued and mailed to your preferred mailing address per the Registrar's Office. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to process the paper check if your Direct Deposit is rejected.
What are the terms and conditions?
By requesting Direct Deposit, you are entering into an agreement with Quinnipiac University to initiate electronic transactions. The Terms and Conditions below are the terms and conditions of that agreement and are legally binding upon you. You should review them carefully before making your request for Direct Deposit or modifying banking information.
Terms and Conditions
- I hereby guarantee that I am the account holder or an individual authorized by the account holder to initiate transactions related to this account(s) and I am therefore permitted to enter into this agreement. I authorize Quinnipiac University to initiate and complete transactions related to the Direct Deposit of my refund.
- I hereby authorize Quinnipiac University to initiate the Direct Deposit of funds into my bank account based on the banking information I entered into WebAdvisor, as well as authorize my bank to post payment to the aforementioned account. I also authorize Quinnipiac University to initiate debit entries to the aforementioned bank account as may be necessary to correct erroneous credit entries and I authorize my bank to subtract such entries from the aforementioned account as necessary. This authorization will apply to all student refunds from the Quinnipiac University Bursar's Office. This is NOT applicable for PLUS loan refunds payable to a parent.
- I understand if I discover what I believe to be an error made by Quinnipiac University, I must report the suspected error to Quinnipiac University immediately. Quinnipiac University must hear from me no later than 60 days after the suspected error occurred. This obligates me to perform a timely review of my bank statements.
- I understand and agree that the Bursar's Office will notify me via my Quinnipiac University e-mail address when my funds have been released for deposit into my designated bank account or, if my deposit is rejected, that a paper check will be issued instead. I also understand that I will not receive an e-mail advice if I do not have an accurate Quinnipiac University e-mail address on file or if my mailbox is full.
- I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to update my bank account information in WebAdvisor if my banking information changes. I also agree that it is my responsibility to ensure that no one other than myself has access to my WebAdvisor account and therefore access to modify my banking information.
- I understand and agree that my bank account information must be submitted by Sunday at 8pm EST for funds to be released electronically during the week beginning the following Monday.
- I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to ensure deposited funds are in the designated account before any withdrawals are made. I understand and agree that Quinnipiac University is not responsible for any costs incurred by an overdraft withdrawal.
- I understand and agree that I will not receive an electronic deposit if I fail to provide complete and accurate banking information on WebAdvisor or my deposit is rejected for any reason by the Automated Clearing House (ACH - see www.nacha.org/ for more information).
- I understand and agree that Quinnipiac University will not disclose any of my personal information to a third party.
- I understand and agree that neither Quinnipiac University, its Board of Trustees, nor any officer or employee thereof shall be held responsible or liable for any inadvertence or error in withholding or transmitting the funds to the designated account.
- This agreement is effective for the next refund processing after entering banking information on WebAdvisor and will remain in force until I delete my banking information from WebAdvisor or the agreement is cancelled by Quinnipiac University. Any notice of cancellation must be received by Quinnipiac University in such a manner as to afford Quinnipiac University reasonable opportunity to act on it.
Who do I contact with more questions?
The Bursar's Office can help you with any Direct Deposit questions you have. Please e-mail email@example.com for further assistance.