North Haven Campus
Located in North Haven, Conn., Quinnipiac's 104-acre North Haven Campus is home to five of the University's schools:
- School of Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Law
- Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
The University's Information Services group is also based on this campus.
The campus features a 350-seat auditorium, a library, bookstore and a full-service dining hall.
The campus also offers opportunities for recreation, including outdoor walking trails and a yoga and meditation room; a fitness center is planned. The North Haven Campus is just a short distance from Wharton Brook State Park. Located on wooded, sandy knolls, the park features a pond, open spaces and picnic tables.
Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
The facility includes 325,000 square feet designed for collaborative learning for students pursuing degrees in medicine, nursing and the health professions. The three schools are united not only in the same complex but by the same mission: to graduate medical and health care practitioners who will be the driving force for a more collaborative, economical and efficient health care system.
School of Education
The School of Education occupies a 5,600-square-foot suite of rooms overlooking the landmark pond and fountain on the North Haven Campus. The suite is located within the Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, between the health professions and law facilities, allowing students the opportunity for academic and social collaboration with students and faculty from other disciplines.
The space is designed specifically for future educators. Two specially equipped classrooms feature touch-screen SMART Boards as well as cabinet and storage space for curriculum materials. Classes take place in these two rooms and in other classrooms on the North Haven Campus. There is a small library with books and materials for the elementary and secondary education students within the suite. An Accu-cut machine for constructing bulletin boards, a laminator, and a paper cutter are available for student use. Our curriculum center is used for large class meetings, professional development activities and Praxis workshops. The curriculum center features a Polyvision board and is fully equipped with the latest projection technology. When the facility is not in use, students work on group projects and study for exams.
School of Law Center
A state-of-the-art new School of Law Center opened in August 2014.
- Thirteen classrooms, including more seminar-style classrooms and a high tech, collaborative classroom with full digital multimedia capabilities
- Legal clinic space 45 percent larger than our current clinic to accommodate QU Law's extensive clinic programs
- A large number of team study rooms, designed for shared learning and meetings
- 150-seat courtroom, with Judge's Chambers and Jury Room
- Dispute Resolution Suite for our highly successful competition teams – Mock Trial, Moot Court and Society for Dispute Resolution
- Numerous meeting rooms for student organizations and our three journals
- Special facility for Visual Persuasion classes
- Student lounge area opening onto outdoor third floor patio terrace