Features and Benefits
- What are some of the benefits of purchasing a recommended laptop?
- What kind of support is available if I don't purchase a recommended laptop?
- Will my laptop be safe on campus?
- How do I pay for my laptop?
- Is financing available?
- Can I apply for additional financial aid to cover the cost of my laptop? What is the process?
Features and Benefits
- is configured and priced specifically for Quinnipiac students
- is also used by Quinnipiac faculty
- includes a comprehensive hardware warranty (Dell models also include next business day on-site repair, accidental damage coverage, and an anti-theft tracking device.)
What kind of support is available if I don't purchase a recommended laptop?
Technical assistance for students who do not purchase a recommended laptop is not as comprehensive and is generally limited to browser-based applications such as email, Blackboard, WebAdvisor, and filespace.
Will my laptop be safe on campus?
There is no substitute for being certain that your computer is in a safe location at all times. You should treat your laptop with the utmost care. Computrace (included on Dell models) offers some reassurance in the event of a loss or theft. Locking your computer is encouraged if you are living in the residence halls and leave your room unattended for an extended period of time. Locks can be purchased at many office supply or electronics stores.
When can I order a recommended laptop?
We recommend that you order your laptop as soon as possible after the recommended models are announced and available for your incoming class. This helps to ensure that you will have it well in advance of your arrival on campus.
Where should I have my laptop delivered?
You should have your laptop delivered to your home. Because of export laws and license restrictions, laptop manufacturers will not ship a computer outside the United States. If you do not have an address within the US, you will need to make alternate arrangements to have the laptop shipped to your Quinnipiac address or another U.S. address.
Can I apply for additional financial aid to cover the cost of my computer? What is the process?
Yes, a family can request additional PLUS Loan (parent loan) or alternative loan funds for computer-related expenses. Just include the cost of the computer when applying for your loan, and send the Office of Financial Aid proof of purchase to support the additional costs, so it can certify the appropriate amount on your loan. For entering students, federal regulations require all loan proceeds to be disbursed no earlier than 30 days after the beginning of the semester. Students will need to take this into consideration when purchasing a computer. Grant aid is not available for these purchases. Contact Financial Aid at 203-582-8750 or 800-462-1944, or e-mail email@example.com.