2. PHOTOS: Under FERPA regulations, photo images on the Q-CARD may be used by school officials with legitimate educational interests and by others as indicated.
3. QCASH: Enables you to use your Q-CARD at all participating debit locations on and off campus. Dollars on this account are deposited at your discretion. Once the account is opened, any balance on the account will carry over from semester to semester as long as you are actively affiliated with Quinnipiac University. When you graduate, withdraw, or terminate employment, the balance on your account will be refunded to you less an administrative fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00). No refunds will be made prior to graduation, withdrawal, and/or employment termination. Quinnipiac University reserves the right to close any account that is inactive for more than twelve (12) months. No funds may be transferred from Q-CASH to the Required Meal Plan or vice versa. No funds may be transferred from one cardholder's Q-CASH account to another cardholder's Q-CASH account.
4. Dining Service Options: Resident students on the Mount Carmel and York Hill campuses are required to be on a meal plan. A predetermined amount of food dollars is automatically put on this account each semester and can only be used at on-campus dining locations (Mount Carmel Campus dining hall, the Bobcat Den, and the dining areas at York Hill and North Haven). Unused food dollars in the student's declining balance account at the end of the fall semester are non-refundable and will be carried over for use in the spring semester. There is no carry-over between academic years, nor may the unused balance from the fall semester be used to reduce the room and board portion of the spring semester's invoice. If there is a remaining balance at the end of the spring semester it will be cleared from students' accounts. Please note, however, that funds deposited to the supplemental dining service (the Blue and Gold service and the Legend service) will be subject to the same terms and conditions as funds deposited to Q-Cash. No funds may be transferred from the required dining service or from the supplemental dining service to Q-Cash or vice versa.
5. TRANSFER OF MEAL POINTS: The University will not enter into the negotiation between students regarding the sale of any portion of the Required Meal Plan or Full Plate Meal Plan (Q-CASH is non-transferable); we only record the results of the exchange. Students in the following categories will not be able to sell their points:
a) Student athletes being funded by the Athletic Department: N.C.A.A. regulations preclude the same.
b) Students who have used their financial aid to pay for their residence fees, including Required Meal Plan. No transfers may be made during the first 30 days of any semester. A patron-to-patron transfer is complete only after final verification and action by the Q-CARD Office. Transfer of Required Meal points may only occur to and from students who are currently enrolled in the Required Meal Plan in person at the Q-CARD Office. Faculty/Staff and students not enrolled in the Required Meal Plan may not purchase Required Meal points from students. Please note that any balance left on the Required Meal Plan at the end of the spring semester is not refundable and will be cleared from the account at the end of the spring semester. Please plan your deposits and usage accordingly.
6. RECEIPTS AND STATEMENTS: Most point-of-sale terminals are equipped to provide a receipt for each transaction. It is your responsibility to ensure that the receipt is correct. An account statement listing recent transactions will be generated upon your personal request at the Q-CARD Office or online at www.quinnipiac.edu/qcard
7. LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED CARDS: You agree to immediately report a lost or stolen Q-CARD in person at the Q-CARD Office Monday - Thursday, 8AM to 5PM; Friday 8AM to 4PM. When the Q-CARD Office is closed you can go to www.quinnipiac.edu/qcard 24 hours a day or to the Q-Café or the Bobcat Den during normal operating hours where a manager will report your card as lost. Cardholder is responsible for any loss due to lost or stolen cards. Once a new Q-CARD has been purchased, the old Q-CARD will be invalid and, if found, cannot be reactivated. You must come to the Q-CARD Office during business hours to obtain a new Q-CARD. We will charge the current fee for replacing lost, stolen or damaged cards. During non-Card Office hours, please report lost or stolen cards to the QU Security Office at (203) 582-6200.
Terms and conditions are subject to change.
Funds on the Q-Cash debit account are not available for cash withdrawal. Q-Cash debit account balances may only be refunded upon graduation or withdrawal from the University in the form of a check issued by the university and mailed to the student's home address. Additionally, any outstanding balances due to the University must be paid in full prior to the refund being issued, in accordance with the Terms of Agreement.
- If you have any outstanding charges with the University your refund will be applied to those charges first.
- All refunds are issued by check and mailed to your home address.
- Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for all refunds.
- There are no exceptions to this policy.
If you lose money in a copy machine on campus you can request a Copy Machine Refund. For accounting purposes these refunds will be credited to your Q-Card ONLY, no exceptions. The credit will appear on your account by the end of the business day that the refund is request and can be used at any copy machine on campus, or any other location where Q-Cash is accepted.
VENDING MACHINE REFUND
If you lose money in a vending machine on campus you can request a Vending Machine Refund. For accounting purposes these refunds will be credited to your Q-Card ONLY, no exceptions. The credit will appear on your account by the end of the business day that the refund is requested and can be used at any vending machine on campus, or any other location where Q-Cash is accepted.