The School of Business + Engineering Career Development Office works with alumni, employers and faculty to teach students practical career management skills necessary to succeed in today's global marketplace.
Each semester we offer a variety of programs/services. These include:
- A comprehensive database of jobs and internships (QU Career Connections)
- On-campus recruiting, corporate information sessions and visits
- Four annual career fairs/Annual campus-wide career
- Individual career advising and counseling sessions
- Internship and job search resources and assistance
- Assistance with resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Networking and job search strategies (email, face-to-face, telephone and social media)
- Workshops, panel discussions and speakers representing various fields of business
- Mentorship program
- Annual Target Leadership Symposium
- Etiquette dinners
- Career Boot Camp
- Resume Review Blitz
- Backpack 2 Briefcase Series
- Site visits to organizations throughout the area
- Weekly Career Development newsletter
- Assistance with graduate school search and application process
- Student business cards
- Four-Year Road Map: The Career Roadmap is designed as a tool to help students keep their goals in sight and reach them, step-by-step. For each academic year, Career Roadmap offers recommended actions and reminders.
- Jobs 4 Grads Now: This interactive 10 step system that takes the guesswork out of finding a job. The system includes workshops on virtually every aspect of the job search process.
- Career Leader: CareerLeader is a fully integrated approach to business career self-assessment built on the premise that one's interests, motivators and skills will drive their future career success and satisfaction. Quinnipiac uses CareerLeader to make sure our students are aware of how their interest align with their career paths as it's their interest in what they are doing that gives them a "competitive advantage."