Apply to the Master of Science in Public Relations Program
View additional international admission requirements (PDF)
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions at:
Office of Graduate Admissions NH-GRD
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. You can check the status of your application at the self-help center by simply logging back into the account that you created to submit your application. Additionally, you will be notified when your application has reached the Office of Graduate Admissions and which materials, if any, are outstanding.
It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received prior to the stated admissions deadline. The Office of Graduate Admissions is not responsible for materials sent to other offices or personnel.
Application Start Date
The public relations program begins only in the fall semester. The program is on a rolling admission schedule and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants are reviewed and a decision is rendered upon receipt of all required documents.
Domestic Applicants: Applicants are advised to submit their application by July 30 for the fall semester.
International Applicants: Fall semester deadline April 30.
Applicants should posses a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to send a transcript from the original university. These transcripts must be provided by the institutions in a sealed envelope.
- Evaluator Forms/Letters of Recommendation: You must have two professional references submitted on your behalf, preferably from individuals familiar with your academic potential. Once you enter the recommenders contact information on the application, they will automatically be emailed a form to complete and return to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Letter of Intent: You will be asked to include a letter of intent discussing why you wish to pursue the public relations program and how a degree from Quinnipiac will assist you in your career goals.
- Public Relations Questions: You will be asked to respond to two questions regarding your interest and potential for graduate study in public relations.
- Resume: You will be asked to upload a copy of your most recent resume.
- Official Test Scores: An official GRE exam score is required. (Note: The GRE requirement may be waived at the discretion of the program director for applicants holding a graduate degree from an accredited institution and/or documented professional accomplishments in their field.)
- Portfolio Sample: You will be asked to upload a professional portfolio or writing sample demonstrating your ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- International applicants - Please review additional admission requirements.
If you're considering one of Quinnipiac's outstanding graduate programs, you're on your way to joining a graduate community committed to academic excellence and professional preparation at the highest level.
Our secure online application is designed to be convenient and efficient. If you need assistance with your application--or would like additional information on your program of interest--contact the staff in Graduate Admissions.