Combined BA or BS/MS in Sports Journalism
Quinnipiac offers a five-year component for students who are presently enrolled in any Quinnipiac undergraduate program and who wish to pursue graduate studies at the University.
Students may apply for provisional acceptance to the MS in Sports Journalism program during the second semester of their junior year. If accepted, students can take up to 6 credits of graduate courses during their senior year beginning in the fall semester with the permission of the graduate journalism director. Those credits can be applied to both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Students must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and achieve a 3.0 GPA in the two graduate courses before fully matriculating. The MS in Journalism program is offered in two tracks:
- broadcast/multimedia (on-campus) for students who want to pursue careers in television, radio and online sports media with an emphasis on visual and online reporting
- writing (online) for students for students who are interested in serving as sportswriters or preparing longform, non-fiction sports stories for news sites, magazines and documentary films. For more information on this track, contact QU Online.
The recommended courses for students provisionally accepted to the MS in Sports Journalism program are:
- JRN 560 - Multimedia Sports Reporting
- JRN 563 - Sports Analytics
- JRN 573 - Sports Literature
- JRN 588 - Researching & Writing the Sports Documentary