Why Study Education at Quinnipiac?
- Our classes average 15 students. You won't struggle for attention to ask a question or wait in long lines for one-on-one time with a professor to seek career advice or get academic help. Our professors love interacting with students, and they'll love meeting with you.
- You'll learn from an expert faculty. All our full-time professors hold doctoral degrees and have years of work experience in their areas of expertise and extensive college teaching experience. Our professors regularly publish, present at conferences, consult, and are recognized for their accomplishments by state and national organizations.
- Our students are closely mentored. From day one, our teaching faculty will guide you and answer your questions. They make sure you complete your requirements on time, mentor you throughout the program and offer ongoing advice and support after graduation.
- When you graduate from Quinnipiac, you graduate with experience. All of our programs include field studies, internships, and other clinical work to hone your skills as an educator. You will have the practical experience and the research-based knowledge necessary to enter your educational career with confidence.
5-Year Combined Bachelor's/Master's Programs
The School of Education offers two master of arts in teaching degrees. Undergraduate students enroll in a five-year program to earn a bachelor's degree in one of the many majors Quinnipiac offers and a master of arts in teaching.
Post-Baccalaureate Graduate Programs
Master of Arts in Teaching
Graduate students who already have a bachelor's degree enroll in a full-time, five-semester program leading to the MAT. All programs combine challenging course work with supervised fieldwork and internship experiences. Courses average 15 students each and are taught by a diverse, accomplished faculty committed to social justice.
The School of Education also offers two educational leadership degrees: the sixth-year diploma in educational leadership and an online master's program in teacher leadership.
- Sixth-Year Diploma in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Teacher Leadership (online program)
The online program in instructional design prepares candidates to create effective digital materials and environments for learning, such as websites, digital games, video, audio, social media and online courses.
- Master of Science in Instructional Design (online program)
The certificate program in special education is a 12-credit option for MAT program teacher candidates.