Apply to the Master of Health Science - Medical Laboratory Sciences Program
Start your application:
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions at:
Office of Graduate Admissions NH-GRD
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received prior to the stated admissions deadline. The Office of Graduate Admissions is not responsible for materials sent to other offices or personnel.
Application Start Date
The medical laboratory sciences program begins in the fall or spring semesters. The program is on a rolling admission schedule and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants are reviewed and a decision is rendered upon receipt of all required documents.
Domestic Applicants: Fall semester suggested filing date by July 30. Spring semester suggested filing date by Dec. 15.
International Applicants: Fall semester deadline April 30. Spring semester deadline Sept. 30.
Anyone who holds a baccalaureate degree in the biological, medical or health sciences is eligible to apply for admission if appropriate science courses are satisfied. Applicants who hold a bachelor's degree from a different field must possess, at a minimum:
- Two semesters of basic biology (or equivalent)
- Two semesters of general chemistry
- 20 additional credits of biology (one semester of organic chemistry or biochemistry or equivalent is recommended)
All applicants must possess a minimum undergraduate cumulative and science GPA of 2.75.
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application. Do not send cash or check.
- Official Transcripts: It is your responsibility to request official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to have an official transcript sent from the original university. These transcripts must be provided to Quinnipiac University in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of Recommendation: You must have two professional references submitted on your behalf. You will be required to enter your recommenders' contact information on the application.
- Letter of Intent: You will be asked to include a letter of intent discussing why you wish to pursue the medical laboratory sciences program and how a degree from Quinnipiac will assist you in your career goals.
- Resume: You will be asked to include an up-to-date resume.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates (Optional): You will be able to upload any professional licenses or certificates when completing your application or from your student portal after submitting your application.
- International applicants - Please review additional admission requirements.
If you're considering one of Quinnipiac's outstanding graduate programs, you're on your way to joining a graduate community committed to academic excellence and professional preparation at the highest level.
Our secure online application is designed to be convenient and efficient. If you need assistance with your application--or would like additional information on your program of interest-- contact the staff in Graduate Admissions.