Your law degree from Quinnipiac is a valuable entrée to a broad range of legal careers.
School of Law alumni form a supportive network of enthusiastic mentors and helpful contacts for students beginning their job searches. Here's what a few of them say about their Quinnipiac experience:
- "As an international student, I needed a lot of help with visa paperwork. Of all the law schools I applied to, the people at Quinnipiac went above and beyond to work through the administrative details with me. Their interest and personal attention made me feel safe about coming to study so far from home. And then once I was here, my professors took the time to get to know me and find out how I think. I had a very technical educational background and had some trouble with writing. My Legal Skills professor used my strengths in science to help me work through my writing weaknesses. She took so much time with me and it made all the difference."
- "I continue to benefit from the expertise of the faculty. I consult with my professors regularly, seeking their input on motions I draft and arguments I put together. And then, whenever I go to court in New Haven, it's like old home week. There are many Quinnipiac alums in key jobs throughout the region and having that connection with hundreds of professionals has been extremely helpful."
- "The dispute resolution skills I learned at Quinnipiac were instrumental to my being hired at SERC... During my Quinnipiac externship program with the Connecticut Office of Protection and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities, I learned a lot about what happens when disputes escalate. While working in the court system after graduation, I observed the importance of dispute resolution options in the day-to-day lives of litigators and their clients."
- "My externship with the attorney general of the state of Connecticut proved to be an incredibly rewarding and enriching experience. Quinnipiac's dedication to the externship program and the success of each student during his or her externship are simply unparalleled."
- "Quinnipiac had a better selection of health law courses than other schools I considered, and I took them all. The coursework along with the health law externship at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the Civil Clinic gave me a firm grounding in what I needed to begin practice in this area. Since graduating, I have been able to put this experience to work with our firm, which has successfully prosecuted personal injury and medical malpractice cases."
- "In my externship, I had the unique opportunity to research and learn about SEC regulations, environmental law, and federal and state regulatory issues. In a sea of technical language like 'pricing load,' 'stranded costs' and 'deregulation,' I would have remained dazed and confused for weeks, but for the patience of the attorneys in the office who took time to explain to me, in detail, what these concepts meant. The best part of working through my confusion was that I was learning something new every week. That's why externships are unique."
- "My legal education at Quinnipiac University was extremely helpful, especially when it comes to the nuts and bolts of the practice of law. The classroom experience, the reading of the cases and the writing were exactly what I needed to achieve success."
- "When I think about Quinnipiac, I first of all value the friendships I made and how they helped me through some very challenging days. I also realize that, as time goes on, a Quinnipiac degree becomes more valuable as the School of Law grows and further develops its reputation in higher education and law."
- "The second I walked through the front door, I knew this was where I wanted to go to law school. I came for a visit because it has a good reputation, and then, when I saw the place, I was sold."
- "When Quinnipiac instituted the Health Law concentration, it was exactly what I wanted. A corporate externship with Bayer led to my current position."