Hi, I'm Jennifer Gerarda Brown, the dean of the Quinnipiac University School of Law. I'm hoping that you're reading this welcome as a first step toward learning more about our school.
My faculty colleagues, the staff, our administration and I are very proud of what we have to offer you. We're also genuinely excited about our plans for our future--a future that we hope will include you.
What makes us special, and why should you think of joining us for your legal education? My comprehensive list of reasons is too long for a brief welcome like this one, so I'll give you five of the most important:
- Our faculty: We have a great group of gifted and committed teachers and they give their time generously to students, as well as to their research.
- Our students: They are bright, inquisitive, hardworking, diverse and interesting, and they will be good companions with whom to share the adventure of law school.
- Our program: we offer a strong foundation combined with a tailored approach; a solid base in theory and practice of law, a dynamic blend of classroom instruction and extensive clinic and externship opportunities, plus the option to elect one or more of six concentrations for your upper-level coursework.
- Our facility: In August 2014, we moved into our impressive new state-of-the-art facility on the university's North Haven Campus, the growing center for graduate study at Quinnipiac. Our new Law Center features advanced technology reflecting the most up-to-date thinking in legal education, greatly expanded space for our busy legal clinics, and an expansive design with beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces welcoming a wide range of study styles and collaborative pursuits.
- Our promise: We fully understand the significant investment that law students make in time, energy and money to obtain a legal education. Our students are the asset we prize most highly. Simply put, if you join us here, we will care about you and do the best that we can to ensure that your investment with us is one you'll be glad you made.
We hope you'll come to visit us learn more about our offerings and to talk with our faculty members and students. We're confident you'll determine Quinnipiac is the right law school for you.
Jennifer Gerarda Brown
Quinnipiac University School of Law