Got a question? Ask a Librarian!
This library includes over 60 Bar Journals. You can search by article title, author, description, date, or across the full text of the articles.
BNA - Bureau of National Affairs
The most current information in a range of legal, legislative, regulatory and economic areas. Each weekly reporter contains both primary sources (including cases, laws, regulations and agency documents and secondary sources (including news, politics and current trends). Titles include:
- ABA/BNA Lawyers' Manual on Professional Conduct
- Accounting Policy & Practice ReportTM
- Accounting Policy & Practice SeriesTM
- Alternative Investment Law Report
- Americans with Disabilities Act Manual
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation Daily
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation Report
- Banking Daily
- Banking Report
- Bankruptcy Law Reporter
- Bankruptcy Law Resource Center
- Benefits Practice Resource CenterTM
- BioTech Watch
- Broker/Dealer Compliance Report
- Chemical Regulation Reporter - Current Reports®
- Collective Bargaining Negotiations & Contracts
- Computer Technology Law Report®
- Construction Labor Report
- Corporate Accountability Report ®
- Corporate Compliance Library®
- Corporate Counsel Weekly
- Corporate Governance Library®
- Corporate Law Daily
- Corporate Practice Library
- Criminal Law Reporter
- Daily Environment Report
- Daily Labor Report®
- Daily Report for Executives
- Daily Tax Report®
- Digital Discovery & E-Evidence ReportTM
- E-Commerce Tax Report
- EHS Federal Regulatory Alert
- EHS State Regulatory Alert
- Electronic Commerce & Law Report
- Employment Discrimination Report
- Employment Discrimination Verdicts & Settlements
- Environment Reporter - Current Reports
- Environment & Safety Resource Center (Fed Env't & Env't Cases)
- Environmental Due Diligence Report
- ERISA Litigation Tracker
- Expert Evidence Report®
- Export Reference Library
- Family Law Reporter - Current Reports®
- Federal Contracts Report
- FLSA Litigation Tracker
- Health Care Policy Report
- Health Insurance Report
- Health IT Law & Industry Report
- Health Law & Business Library
- Health Law Reporter
- Health Law Resource Center
- Homeland Security Briefing®
- Human Resources Report
- Infrastructure Investment & Policy Report
- Intellectual Property Law Resource Center
- International Business & Finance Daily
- International Environment Reporter - Current Reports
- International Tax Monitor
- International Trade Daily
- International Trade Reporter - Current Reports
- Labor & Employment Law Resource Center
- Labor Relations Week
- Life Sciences Law & Industry Report
- Media Law Reporter®
- Medical Devices Law & Industry Report
- Medical Research Law & Policy Report ®
- Medicare Report
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law Report
- Money & Politics Report
- Occupational Safety & Health Daily
- Occupational Safety & Health Reporter - Current Reports
- Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Daily
- Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal®
- Pension & Benefits Daily
- Pension & Benefits Reporter - Current Reports
- Pharmaceutical Law & Industry Report ®
- Privacy Law Watch
- Privacy & Security Law ReportTM
- Product Safety & Liability Reporter - Current Reports
- Real Estate Law & Industry Report
- Right-To-Know Planning Guide Report
- Securities Law Daily
- Securities Regulation & Law Report
- Social Media Law & Policy Report
- State Environment Daily
- State Health Care Regulatory Developments
- Tax and Accounting Center - Estate Planning
- Tax and Accounting Center - Federal
- Tax and Accounting Center - State
- Tax and Accounting Center - Sales and Use
- Tax and Accounting Center - International
- Tax and Accounting Center - Transfer Pricing
- Tax Planning International Asia-Pacific Focus
- Tax Planning International European Tax Service
- Tax Planning International Indirect Taxes
- Tax Planning International Review & Forum
- Telecommunications Monitor
- TM Compensation Planning Journal
- TM Estates, Gifts and Trusts Journal
- TM International Journal
- TM Memorandum
- TM Portfolios - Federal Collection: US Income; Estates Gifts and Trusts; and Foreign Income
- TM State Tax Portfolios
- TM Tax Practice Bulletin (archive)
- TM Tax Practice Series
- TM Transfer Pricing Report
- TM Weekly Report
- TM Weekly State Tax Report
- Toxics Law Reporter
- Transfer Pricing International Journal
- Transportation Watch
- Union Labor Report Newsletter
- United States Law Week®
- White Collar Crime Report
- Workplace Immigration Report
- Workplace Law Report
- World Climate Change ReportTM
- World Communications Regulation Report
- World Data Protection Report
Internet based legal instruction.
Congressional publications, historical documents, statutes and legislative research.
Connecticut Law Tribune
Law school access only
Constitutions of the World (Oxford)
Incorporates all the content from Constitutions of Dependencies and Territories, Constitutions of the Countries of the World and Constitutions of the United States (National and State) into a single searchable interface. Access 188 country constitutions, 170 dependencies and territories constitutions, each of the 50 state constitutions, and the U.S. Constitution.
Criminal Justice Periodical Index
CJPI Indexes over 240 journals with subjects related to criminal justice. Links to full text articles when available.
Current Index to Legal Periodicals
Current awareness service; reviews and organizes by subject, articles published by leading legal journals. Published monthly.
Federal Legislative History Library
Two primary sources of content, the first is the "Sources of Compiled Legislative History database" containing all compilations for major laws. The second is the collection of more than 80 full-text compiled legislative histories from renowned Washington, D.C. law firms, Covington & Burling and Arnold & Porter. View webinar
Harvard Research in International Law
The collection includes access to the reprint of The Harvard Research in International Law as well as Contemporary Analysis and Appraisal. The Harvard Research in International Law was originally published in the American Journal of International Law between 1929 and 1939. The various advisory boards that were assembled wrote draft conventions on several topics over a 10-year period.
Provides online access to tens of millions of pages of image-based research material. Image-based meaning that you can see the PDF version of the original hard copy (including all charts, graphs, and photographs) and is fully-searchable. The 23 collections to which we subscribe includes:
- Federal Register Library - includes Code of Federal Regulations
- Law Journal Library
- Legal Classics Library - more than 1,200 works from some of the greatest legal minds in history, focusing on constitutional law, political science and other classic topics
- Treaties and Agreements Library
- U.S. Supreme Court Library - includes the only complete coverage of the official U.S. Reports from 1754 to 2003
Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals
A multilingual index to articles and book reviews published worldwide.
Index to Legal Periodicals
ILP is a leading indexer of legal periodical literature. Links to full text journal articles are provided.
Federal government regulatory and disclosure information. Focuses on securities, litigation, communications and energy. Includes news alerts lobbying search and law firm memos search
Index of law review articles.
The electronic equivalent of legal literature and government documents in the extensive LLMC microform collection.
The Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises 1800-1926
The Making of Modern Law: Legal Treatises 1800-1926 provides digital images of 22,000 legal treatises on US and British law published from 1800 through 1926. Full-text searching provides researchers access to critical legal history.
National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws - Archive Publications (NCCUSL)
Included are all available transcripts of the Proceedings of each Annual Meeting, as well as the transcripts of the discussions in the Committee of the whole of each Uniform and Model Act. Also included are the approved "successive drafts" of each Uniform and Model Act. View reference guide.
New York Legal Research Library
This specialized New York Legal Research Library includes the reports and opinions of the New York Attorney General, the New York State Register, tax cases, New York state session laws, New York law journals, the New York State Bar Association Journal, legal classics from or about New York, and New York trials.
PACER - Public Access to Court Electronic Records - case and docket information from Federal Appellate, District and Bankruptcy courts. See a librarian for access.
The Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Library
Primary collection is the International Law Moot Court Competition compendium, 1960-2009. This compilation includes the Problem, the Judges' Bench Memorandum, the Official Rules, the United States Supplement to the Official Rules, a List of Competing Schools, Results, and Best Memorials of the [year's] Jessup Competition.
Tax and accounting information.
Selden Society Publication and the History of Early English Law
The Selden Society Publications and the History of Early English Law library contains access to the Selden Society Annual Series, Selden Society Supplementary Series and the Centenary Guide to the Publications of the Selden Society published in 1987. In addition to the Selden publications, you can also find more than 100 English Legal History Classics including abridgements, digests and dictionaries.
Statistical Insight - Proquest
More than 30,000 individually indexed statistical tables issued by the federal government. Also includes:
- American Statistics Index (ASI) of federal statistical publications beginning in 1973, including diverse topics such as crime, demography, economics, education, energy, environment, international trade and labor.
- Statistical Reference Index (SRI) of significant statistical publications of state and private sector sources in the U.S. beginning in 1980, including business organizations, commercial publishers, independent research agencies, professional and trade associations and state government.
- Index to International Statistics (IIS) from international intergovernmental organizations beginning in 1983, including the European Union, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, United Nations and World Bank.
Subject Compilations of State Laws (1960-2010)
This database provides access to over 18,000 bibliographic records. Many records contain extensive annotations with links directly to articles and other documents residing in HeinOnline. View reference guide.
Taxation and Economic Reform in America, 1781 - 2009
A 225 year archive of taxation reform in the United States. Part 1 is the history of American taxation and includes all major tax legislation, legislative history and administrative documents. Part 2 of this database contains economic reform and stimulus plans. View webinar or reference guide.
United Nations Law Collection
The United Nations Law Collection contains exact reproductions of major United Nations legal publications, including the complete collection of the United Nations Treaty Series, the Monthly Statement of Treaties & International Agreements, the United Nations Legislative Series.
- United Nations Treaty Series, published since 1946 and contains all texts of treaties and international agreements registered with the Secretariat of the United Nations.
- The League of Nations Treaty Series,1920-1946, collection of treaties and subsequent treaty actions registered with and published by the Secretariat of the League of Nations.
- The International Court of Justice, Reports of Judgments, Advisory Opinions and Orders 1947-Current.
- Reports of International Arbitral Awards 1948-Current
- UN Yearbooks.
World Constitutions Illustrated
This database contains contemporary and historical resources, as well as custom features to enable you to browse and search across the constitutional law of more than 190 countries. Here is a brief list of content:
- The current constitution for every country.
- Substantial constitutional histories of the United Kingdom, France, Brazil and Colombia (among others).
- More than 800 classic books about constitutional law, with specific chapters tied to specific countries.
- Links to scholarly articles about constitutional development.
- Links to online resources related to political development.
- A bibliography of select constitutional books.
- The Modern Legal Systems Cyclopedia
World Trade Law
Includes full text search engine for GATT and WTO cases and documents, and dispute settlement commentaries for all WTO panel and appellate body reports.
Arnold Bernhard Library Databases
The university undergraduate library pays subscription fees so that members of the Quinnipiac community may use these various databases either on or off campus. See Arnold Bernhard Library resources.
** These databases are available only to QU law school faculty, staff and students.