Serving the Community
Citizenship and service to the community are fundamental to Quinnipiac, a commitment that led to the University's 2010 selection to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, a national initiative to help solve community problems.
- The Albert Schweitzer Institute at Quinnipiac University, one of the world's foremost nonprofit organizations committed to engendering health, humanitarian and peace efforts.
- The Lives of Commitment Program, engaging students in an exploration of leadership characteristics and social justice at a partnering nonprofit organization.
- The National Kidney Foundation, where students travel throughout the state screening those at highest risk for chronic kidney disease.
- Area elementary schools, where students conduct interactive presentations on topics such as bicycle and pedestrian safety, bullying, nutrition, physical activity, infectious diseases and oral health.
- Community outreach programs such as providing on-site health care and health education to migrant farm workers; conducting blood pressure screenings, blood glucose testing, and health education at area health fairs; and a physical therapy clinic on the North Haven Campus for low-income clients.