LoansWe recognize that students may need to rely on a variety of resources to assist them in paying for their educational expenses. As you consider the educational loans available from each program, be sure to keep inmind that some loans are more expensive than others. Generally, federal loans should be used first as they provide the best terms, conditions, benefits, have a fixed interest rate. Alternative loans should generally be used once other options have been exhausted as they may have higher interest rates, less favorable terms and conditions and often have more strict qualifying credit criteria.
When reviewing your loan options, pay particular attention to the interest rate, fees, and repayment terms and incentives for each loan before making your decision.
The loan programs available to medical students at Quinnipiac include:
- Federal Stafford Loans - Eligibility determined by your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loans - Eligibility determined by your FAFSA
- Private Alternative Loans - Eligibility determined by credit worthiness and lender criteria
- Federal Loan Tracking - View federal loan balances, servicing and lender information
- Repayment Plans and Calculators - View repayment plans and calculate loan payments
- AAMC Medloans Organizer and Calculator– Developed for medical students and residents
- Loan Consolidation- Combines federal loans into one with weighted average interest rate
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness - Requirement and information for this program