Academic Excellence Scholarship
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine will be a model for educating diverse, patient-centered physicians who are partners and leaders in an interprofessional primary care workforce responsive to health care needs in the communities they serve.
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine enables medical students to attain their highest personal and professional potential in a collaborative environment that fosters academic excellence, scholarship, lifelong learning, respect and inclusivity.
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine embodies the University's commitment to its core values of academic excellence, student-oriented education and a strong sense of community. Accordingly, the School of Medicine values diversity and inclusiveness in all students, faculty and staff.
To identify matriculating medical students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence and commitment to community service.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be accepted to the Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine and matriculate in Fall 2014
- submit the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- submit the 2014-2015 Need Access Appilcation
- have demonstrated excellence and dedication in leadership roles as an undergraduate at their institution and/or in their community
- possess strong personal qualities of motivation and integrity as well as academic excellence
- academic honors, scholarships, and special recognitions for academic excellence and a list of additional academic experiences outside the classroom (e.g. research and/or publications)
Award amount: up to $25,000 annually
Application deadline: Feb. 28, 2014 or within two weeks after the receipt of your acceptance to the medical school if admitted after Feb. 15, 2014. All award decisions will be made no later than May 1, 2014.
Forward or fax all supporting documents to:
Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine - MNH-MED
Office of Medical School Financial Aid
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518-1908