Apply to Graduate Nursing ProgramsTo apply to the doctor of nursing practice or the master of science in nursing program, start by selecting your start term from the options below:
View additional international admission requirements (PDF)
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions at:
Office of Graduate Admissions NH-GRD
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. You can check the status of your application at the self-help center by simply logging back into the account that you created to submit your application. Additionally, you will be notified when your application has reached the Office of Graduate Admissions and which materials, if any, are outstanding.
It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received prior to the stated admissions deadline. The Office of Graduate Admissions is not responsible for materials sent to other offices or personnel.
Application Start Date
The Nursing programs begin only in the fall semester. The programs are on a rolling admission schedule and applications are accepted throughout the year until June 1.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis up until the deadline of June 1. After June 1, applications will be considered on a space available basis. When all application materials are received, an interview with the graduate nursing program director and/or member of the faculty will be arranged for eligible candidates.
An applicant to the doctor of nursing or master of science in nursing program must be a registered nurse or NCLEX eligible nurse and have a bachelor's degree in nursing or another field. An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better is required.
Additionally, applicants to the post-master's DNP: Care of Populations track must have a master's degree in nursing or a related field.
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to send a transcript from the original university. These transcripts must be provided by the institutions in a sealed envelope.
- Evaluator Forms/Letters of Recommendation: You must have two professional references from persons with authority to evaluate your professional ability, submitted on your behalf. Once you enter the recommenders contact information on the application, they will automatically be emailed a form to complete and return to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Personal Statement: You will be required to upload a personal statement that should address the following: 1) Professional goals and motivations 2) A nursing experience that has influenced or shaped your practice, 3) A health care problem that interests you.
- Resume: You will be asked to include an up-to-date resume.
- Nursing License: You are required to have a valid CT nursing license prior to the start of your program. You're application will still receive full consideration if your license is pending at the time of submission. The NCLEX-RN exam must be completed piror to August 1. Please email (email@example.com), fax (203) 582-3443, or mail a copy to our office at the address above.
- English Proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS Exam scores are required if you are an applicant from a non-English speaking country.
- Clinical Verification Form for Post-Master's Applicants: Post-master's applicants are required to provide verification from their prior master's program indicating the total number of supervised clinical hours that they completed as part of that program. Please download the form and have it completed by your previous institution and emailed, faxed or sent back to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
If you're considering one of Quinnipiac's outstanding graduate programs, you're on your way to joining a graduate community committed to academic excellence and professional preparation at the highest level.
Our secure online application is designed to be convenient and efficient. If you need assistance with your application--or would like additional information on your program of interest-- contact the staff in Graduate Admissions.