The advanced graduate certificate in social media is meant for two types of students:
- Professionals who realize that social media skills can successfully add value to their existing job function and growth path
- Individuals who are tasked by their organizations to leadership roles within a new social media function
Both groups of individuals are looking for an educational experience that is more substantial than a conference in order to get both a foundational underpinning and actionable tools and structures that they can deploy within their workplace.
To earn the advanced graduate certificate in social media, students complete three, 14-week courses:
- ICM 522 - Social Media Techniques and Practices (3 credits)
- ICM 524 - Social Media Analytics (3 credits)
- ICM 526 - Community Management (3 credits)
Any of the courses above may be transferred into an interactive media or public relations graduate degree program upon admission acceptance.
Students could also opt to take any one of the three graduate degree program courses in social media to receive a certificate of completion.
Start Dates: Fall (late August), Spring (late January)