An applicant to the doctor of nursing program must be a registered nurse or NCLEX eligible nurse and have a bachelor's degree in nursing or another field. The desired candidate will have obtained an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Additionally, applicants to the program must also have a master's degree in a relevant field.
A complete application consists of the following:
- an application form
- application fee
- two letters of recommendation
- proof of an active registered nurse (RN) license
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- personal statement - The personal statement allows you the opportunity to provide us with information about yourself that does not appear on your resume. Please describe your professional goals and motivations.
- verification from your prior master's program indicating the total number of supervised clinical hours that you completed as a part of that program. Download the form (PDF)
- completed background check (directions for completing your background check are below)
Additional Admissions Requirements for Nurse Anesthesia Track:
- Master's Degree must fulfill core science requirements in the following areas:
- Research and Pharmacology
- A Physical Assessment course is required. A waiver may be granted if taken at the master's level; if not the course can be taken as part of the doctoral program.
- Official NBCRNA Transcripts showing graduation from an accredited Nurse Anesthesia program
- Current certification/recertification as a CRNA
- Current BCLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and students may apply to enter during the fall semester. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible to ensure consideration for the semester desired. Applications are evaluated once all materials are received by Quinnipiac. Acceptance is offered to qualified applicants in the next available start term. Please note that admission is competitive and that meeting the minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission.
Background check directions:
- Visit the Application Station website
- Enter QUINCBCNURSE in the Application Station Code field.
- Click the "Sign Up Now" button to create an account.
- Follow the instructions on the Application Station website.
The cost is $60 ($129 for applicants from New York). The background check will include:
- Social security number validation/verification
- Criminal record searches (statewide, county and federal searches)
- National criminal database search
- Sex offender registry search
- Sanctions based search