MBA - Health Care Management Track
Building on Quinnipiac's 20 years of experience in training successful health care administrators working in all areas of the industry, the master of business administration- health care management track (MBA/HCM) includes critically important business courses combined with courses providing a thorough grounding in health care administration.
The program prepares students to function effectively in any area within health care including insurance companies, government agencies, hospitals, physician practices, health centers, diagnostic facilities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. It focuses on developing important professional skills required of entry level and mid-career administrators.
The Quinnipiac Advantage
- Students benefit from a comprehensive program leading to an MBA/HCM degree from a nationally recognized university. The School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), a distinction achieved by only 30 percent of business schools in the nation. Our program in health care management is also certified by the state of Connecticut.
- Student skills will be enhanced and expanded through a curriculum focusing on business concepts and practices in accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. The program emphasizes business skills indispensable for an effective manager, such as oral and written communication, business ethics, strategic planning, project management and the principles of leadership.
- The program will provide knowledge specific to health care administration, including a comprehensive understanding of the organization and financing of the American health care system; assessing the health of populations; legal issues in the daily operations of health care organizations including compliance issues; and strategic planning and marketing in health care.
- Our approach to teaching reflects our commitment to prepare MBA/HCM candidates to compete successfully in this complex industry. In addition to traditional classroom lectures and presentations, the program makes extensive use of case studies and the Internet as well as online databases and references. These resources are instantly available on Quinnipiac's wireless computer network--both on campus and at home.
- Students may also elect to spend two semesters in a residency or consulting practicum arrangement in a health care organization.
- Our program is guided by student evaluations, employer feedback and periodic review by the School of Business and Engineering Advisory Council, comprised of CEOs from area corporations.
For more information, please contact:
Quinnipiac University Online
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518-1908