The MSIT program is no longer accepting applications.
Quinnipiac University's School of Business master of science in information technology (MSIT) program is designed for:
- Undergraduate computer information systems majors who wish to continue their education in this discipline to obtain in-depth knowledge of the information technology field and to be better equipped to manage information technology projects and organizations; or
- Those who are employed in information systems-related areas and who wish to gain in-depth knowledge in the field to both improve their performance and productivity in their current positions and enhance career opportunities with current and/or future employers.
Students who complete the program are prepared to:
- Lead and manage teams of information professionals in the development of high quality systems and services:
- Develop a deep understanding of how IT supports business organizations
- Understand the strategic use of information systems and how business acquisitions impact the information systems functions
- Understand the business aspects of information systems development and application in organizations
- Develop, plan, control and staff to organize the management processes for systems development, systems delivery and/or systems support
- Prepare general managers with technical information systems competencies
- Apply a systems approach to developing and delivering information systems and services:
- Identify client information requirements
- Analyze the flow and structure of information in user tasks and organizational processes by employing the appropriate formal tools and methods
- Match requirements to technological opportunities and perform cost/benefit trade-off analyses among design options
- Design, implement and integrate specified system solutions
- Evaluate development outcomes, including interim deliverables
- Develop and implement plans for ongoing maintenance and support of operational systems
The Quinnipiac Advantage
MSIT students benefit from a comprehensive program leading to a degree from a nationally recognized university. The School of Business is accredited by AACSB International, a voluntary international accreditation earned by only 5 percent of the business schools in America. In 2014, Quinnipiac’s online graduate business programs were ranked #9 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report in the Best Online Graduate Business Programs category.
Our approach to teaching reflects our commitment to preparing students to compete successfully in the complex information technology industry.
Our program is guided by student and employer feedback and periodic review by the School of Business Advisory Council, which is comprised of executives from area corporations.