What is Instructional Design?
Instructional design teaches a systematic approach to designing these learning resources. This includes:
- analyzing a learning problem, the characteristics of the learner and the learning context
- deciding on appropriate media and educational strategies
- proposing a design
- conducting or overseeing development, implementation, and evaluation
He or she needs to be:
- Able to use both theory and research to inform design
- Well-grounded in practical technology competencies, for example how to take a website from concept to a plan to working prototype
- Able to work with a team in developing a learning environment.
No special technical or programming skills are required to enroll in the program.