|QU login and password required|
To qualify for admission to the master of science in interactive media program, a student must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Factors such as work experience and GPA on most recently taken courses will also be considered.
The School of Communications accepts applications for the fall, spring and summer semesters. Please note that the admissions committee will not review an application until it is complete with all supporting documents, which include:
- Application for admission
- $45 application fee
- Two professional recommendations
- 500-word personal statement (see explanation)
- Portfolio of written, visual or audio work (see "online portfolio requirement" below)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, which should also reflect the date of degree conferral from the bachelor's degree program
- Please note: Separate admissions requirements apply to QU undergraduates for the combined five-year bachelor/master's degree program. View requirements
Note: The personal statement allows opportunity to provide information that does not appear on a resume. Please describe accomplishments or experiences that are pertinent to goals for graduate study in interactive media.
Online portfolio requirement
Applicants are required to submit a Web address link (URL) to a portfolio of work demonstrating the applicant's ability as a writer, artist, interactive designer, video producer, journalist, social media specialist or specialist in another creative or professional field.
The website may include links to other sites, videos, files, documents, etc. If an applicant has numerous Web addresses, they should be aggregated in one virtual place. The applicant should explain roles in any work requiring participation as a member of a production team. Any current website is acceptable as long as it is representative of the full breadth of the applicant's creativity, skill or knowledge.
Applicants who do not have a website may establish a free Google site for posting the portfolio. Instructions for creating and preparing a Google site are located at this address: https://support.google.com/sites/
Please address any questions to Quinnipiac University Online at:
Quinnipiac University Online OF-QUO
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518-1908