Nursing is both an art and a science based upon a commitment to best practices, a culture of compassion, and a connection to individuals, their families, and the communities within which they live. Delivering high quality nursing care is contingent upon mastering the application of intellectually rigorous nursing knowledge.
Candidates are advised to submit applications as soon as possible. Applicants to our bachelor of science in nursing (RN to BSN) program must:
- Be an active registered nurse (RN)
- Hold an Associate of Science in Nursing or diploma in nursing from a regionally-accredited program
- Meet additional standard admission requirements
A background check is required for all students enrolled in the program.
The bachelor of science in nursing is designed to meet the individual needs of an employed registered nurse as well as to meet the societal need for a better educated nursing workforce. This program prepares registered nurses with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to remain competitive in an ever-changing healthcare system.
This program allows students with an associate degree in nursing to receive 60-68 transfer credits, depending upon the year of that degree. Additional transfer credits or additional credits taken at Quinnipiac may be required. Upon program completion, students will achieve a total of 121 credits which includes transfer credits.
Learn more about the curriculum for this program.
The BSN program at Quinnipiac University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
The Demand for Nursing
Our country needs highly qualified nurse leaders who understand how to work independently and collaboratively, in the real world, caring for an aging and increasingly diverse population.
We invite you to join the Quinnipiac School of Nursing as we work to help meet this critical need.
- Earn your bachelor's degree while you stay employed
- Work with other dedicated professionals on an integrated health care campus during residency
- Learn from knowledgeable faculty members with real world experience
- Master both the science and the art of holistic health care
- Enhance your skill set for practicing in the changing landscape of today's health care - and help to improve it