Successful applicants will have earned an associate degree or diploma in nursing from a regionally accredited program and will have a registered nurse (RN) license in good standing. The desired candidate will have obtained a GPA of 2.7 on a scale of 4.0.
A complete application consists of the following:
- an application form
- application fee
- two letters of recommendation (one from a current supervisor or professor)
- proof of an active registered nurse (RN) license (for new graduates, prior to the end of the first semester of classes)
- a current resume or curriculum vitae
- transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- personal statement
- background check required
The personal statement allows you the opportunity to provide us with information about yourself that does not appear on your resume. Please describe accomplishments and/or learning moments that you’ve experienced in nursing, and how you decided to consider a return to school at this time.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and students may apply to enter during the fall or spring semesters. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible to ensure consideration for the semester desired. Applications are evaluated once all materials are received by Quinnipiac. Acceptance is offered to qualified applicants in the next available start term. Please note that admission is competitive and that meeting the minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission.
Background check directions:
- Visit the following link: http://www.applicationstation.com
- Enter QUINCBCNURSE in the Application Station Code field.
- Click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to create an account.
- Follow the instructions on the Application Station website.
The cost is $60 unless the student is from New York and then it is $129.
The background check will include:
- Social security number validation/verification
- Criminal record searches (statewide, county and federal searches)
- National criminal database search
- Sex offender registry search
- Sanctions based search
Completion of all courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Contact Quinnipiac University Online
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518-1908