Applying for financial aid, eligibility requirements and deadlines
Students seeking financial aid assistance must complete the two forms listed below:
1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov,
2. Quinnipiac University Online Financial Aid Application (Adobe PDF) returned to our office.
Submitting the Forms:
The FAFSA is submitted electronically by adding Quinnipiac's Federal school 001402, see steps below.
The university aid application can be faxed or emailed.
Eligibility: To qualify for federal financial aid, you must:
1. be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen as defined on the FAFSA;
2. register with the Selective Service System at www.sss.gov (male students),
3. be accepted by Quinnipiac into a degree granting program,
4. meet the University's minimum satisfactory academic progress (SAP) standards for continuation of aid
5. register at least half-time enrollment (undergraduates 6 credits and graduates 5 credits each semester). Example of Half-time enrollment for online student, taking one 7 week, 3-credit course in August (fall semester) and is registered for another 3-credit, 7 week course in October (fall semester), is considered registered for 6 credits for the fall semester)
6. not defaulted on any federal student loan
7. satisfy any outstanding requirements that arise from the processing of the (FAFSA),
8. remain in compliance with various regulatory requirements of federal and state programs and University policies and procedures.
|Apply in 5 easy steps
|Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after Jan. 1.
Quinnipiac University Federal School Code:
|Quinnipiac University Online Financial Aid Application
Download, complete and return to us.
Review & accept award letter online and submit it electronically to our office.
New borrowers must complete their entrance interview and master promissory note
Students and parents can apply for a PLUS loan, alternative loan or payment plan
|Quinnipiac School Codes:
Profile Code: 3712
How to Apply:
Financial assistance is available to students through federal and private loans. In order to be considered for funding, students must complete the following steps.
Step 1: Complete the FAFSA
The first step in applying for financial aid is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which will be available on Jan. 1st each year. You can complete the FAFSA before you file your federal income taxes by using estimated information; however, you must update that information once your federal tax return has been filed. When completing the FAFSA, you will need to complete both the student and parent information (the use of parent information is determined once dependency questions on the FAFSA are answered). Our federal school code is 001402.
Step 2: Complete the Quinnipiac University Online Financial Aid Application
You will need to complete this form with your expected enrollment plans each semester and expected external financial assistance while in school, sign and return to our office, via fax 203-582-4152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . The QU Aid Application is needed to set-up your financial aid package, based on your expected enrollment.
Step 3: Award Letter
Once your Aid Application and FAFSA results are received and processed by the financial aid office, if your file is complete you will receive an email via your Quinnipiac e-mail address indicating your award letter is ready. The award letter is electronic and will specify the types of financial aid and amounts for which you are eligible. You will be prompted to log into https://planningprod.overturecorp.com/overture/action/usr?sitekey=quinnipiac and accept your awards. In order to access your award letter, you will need to enter your 7-digit QU Student ID and the last 4-digits of your Social Security Number (SSN). Once you have entered these items, you will be directed to your online electronic award letter. You will need to accept or decline each individual fund when prompted and complete the process by clicking the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. By submitting your electronic award, you are acknowledging your financial aid award and agreeing to abide by all of the terms and conditions set forth.
Please note: You will need to pay attention to deadlines and any follow-up documentation that is needed to disburse the awarded funding.
Step 4: Federal Direct Stafford Loans
In order for any Stafford loans to be disbursed, students will need to:
- Have electronically accepted the Stafford loan award (see previous Step 3: Award Letter)
- Complete the electronic entrance counseling at www.studentloans.gov
- Have completed the Federal Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov
Once we have received these three completed requirements, your Stafford loan will be credited to your school account.
Step 5: Balance Due
Once your aid has been processed and your loan deducted, you may be left with an outstanding balance due. The University offers payment plans, or you may need to consider a Graduate PLUS Loan or alternative funding.
Still have questions? If you are still uncertain about the financial aid application process or if you have questions related to financial aid please contact our office at 203-582-8430 or email@example.com.