Congratulations on your acceptance for 2016!
Welcome to our admitted students page. Here you'll find information on:
- ways to visit the campus to make your final decision
- your matriculation deposit
- new student orientation
- class registration, and
- frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Once you've made your commitment to join us by paying the matriculation fee, we'll acknowledge receipt of your deposit by letter. Learn more below.
- Jan. 4, 2016 for Spring 2016 entry (semester begins Jan. 25, 2016) - or by return mail if admitted after Jan. 4, 2016
- Feb. 1, 2016 for Early Decision Fall 2016 entry (semester begins Aug. 29, 2016) - matriculation fee/housing deposit due date, nonrefundable
- May 1, 2016 for Fall 2016 entry (semester beings Aug. 29, 2016) - matriculation fee/housing deposit due date for all admitted freshman and transfer students
Ways to pay
You may pay online or mail a check (please choose only one).
- Please visit www.quinnipiac.edu/deposit.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page to access e-cashier.
- Log in using your QU student ID number (your ID number is located on your acceptance letter).
- In order for us to accept online transactions, a $2 convenience fee will be added, and credit card transactions will add on an additional convenience fee of 1.9 percent of the total amount.
Mail your deposit
- Print the matriculation form (PDF)
- Mail it with your check for the deposit amount to the bursar's office:
Bursar's Office, AB-BRS
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, Conn. 06518
- For students who plan to live in Quinnipiac housing, the total deposit amount is $550. This includes:
- $200 matriculation fee
- $200 housing deposit
- $150 security deposit (held in case of damages)
- For students who plan to commute to campus, the total deposit amount is $200, which is the matriculation fee.
Matriculation fee/housing deposit waiver form
You may submit a matriculation fee/housing deposit fee waiver form if you have been offered a Federal PELL Grant as part of your financial aid package or are an international student having difficulty making an online payment. Please submit the fee waiver form to request a waiver of your matriculation fee/ housing deposit and security deposit.
- Please complete the "matriculation fee deposit form," located in the "supplementary forms" section of the financial aid forms page
- Fax the completed form to Office of Undergraduate Admissions: 1-203-582-8906 (fax)
- We will review your information and confirm that you are an incoming student.
All students, please be sure to submit your final transcript.
- Freshmen: please arrange to have your final high school transcript verifying your graduation sent to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. Official scores from AP exams plus official college transcripts for any college work completed while in high school must also be sent to us in order to be evaluated for possible advanced standing.
- Transfer students: please arrange for a final official college transcript showing all courses attempted to be sent to us. Information on evaluation of your credit equivalencies will be e- mailed to you approximately two weeks after you receive your letter of acceptance.
If you are a returning student: please contact the chairperson of your major program for help selecting your classes.
Join the conversation online : "The Den" opens mid-January
Admitted students are invited to join "The Den," where you'll be part of a social network of admitted students. You can post your photo, your interests, start a discussion group or participate in one, make friends and spend the next few months getting to know your classmates. You'll also find helpful articles about Quinnipiac and tips on places of interest in the area. You will receive an email with instructions in January.
Attend a class for a day
Held each February, March and April
During the spring semester, we invite admitted students to come see what it's like to be a student at Quinnipiac for a day. Students spend a day with an undergraduate student host, attending their classes. Please check the the day visit information page to see the dates available and then call our registration line at 1-203-582-3830. Visiting students need to be in the admissions office by 9 a.m. and your day will conclude by 2 p.m.
Unfortunately, we do not sponsor overnight visits, but if you have a friend who attends Quinnipiac and is willing to host you as a guest, you can arrange an overnight stay with him/her through the residential life guest process.
Arrange a campus tour, interview or Saturday visit
We invite you to come visit us on campus. You can attend a student-led campus tour, meet individually with an admissions counselor, or join us for a Group Information Session. Learn more about visiting and register using our online appointment calendar.
How do I get financial aid?
Two forms are required for students applying for all forms of financial aid:
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form - The FAFSA can be filed online after Jan. 1. Quinnipiac's FAFSA code is 001402.
- The CSS Profile Form - The CSS Profile Form must be completed for Quinnipiac institutional grant assistance. It can be filed online. Quinnipiac's CSS code is 3712. You must submit the CSS Profile Form to be considered for Quinnipiac grant aid (other than merit awards).
Early Decision students, who have a Feb. 1 deposit deadline and are seeking financial aid, must:
- File the CSS Profile prior to January so that we can provide you with a timely financial aid award
- File the FAFSA between Jan. 1 and March 1 to confirm your eligibility for Federal Aid
Spring entry students must file the CSS Profile and the FAFSA for 15-16 in order to be considered for need based Quinnipiac and Federal Financial Aid. Please see the Financial Aid page for details.
When will I receive my financial aid award?
You'll receive a letter from the Office of Financial Aid when your award is ready to be viewed online. Click on the "your electronic award" link to see your award. If you have filed the CSS Profile and the FAFSA and no award appears, please check with the financial aid office to see if we are missing any information by calling 203-582-8750.
When might I hear about scholarships?
All admitted freshmen are given consideration for merit-based scholarships and recipients are notified in their letter of acceptance. Scholarships are based on our review of your rank in class and highest critical reading plus math SAT scores or the highest ACT composite score.
If your high school does not provide a rank in class, we will estimate where your GPA places you within your class based on academic information available through your high school, so please check with your counselor if you're not sure how your grade point average compares with others in the class.
Transfer students with two years of college work are eligible to be considered for scholarships based on their GPA. Learn more about our scholarship guidelines. If you are not eligible to receive a merit award, you can still be considered for financial aid, which includes federal, state or Quinnipiac grants, work study, loans, etc.
I'm interested in the Honors Program - what is the selection process?
The Honors Program coordinates unique opportunities to express and support intellectual curiosity and academic leadership. The Program selects incoming first-year students from each of the Academic Schools and the College of Arts and Sciences to participate in this enriching and engaging community. Interested students fill out a brief application with a personal statement reflective of their interest in the program. Visit the Honors Program page to learn more about the program and fill out the application.
Will I be guaranteed housing if I pay the housing deposit?
Yes, freshmen will be housed in doubles or quads in the Ledges, the Commons, Irma, Dana and Mountainview. You'll fill out a roommate inventory questionnaire as part of your Orientation information, and you can indicate a rank order of your choice of buildings. Once your deposit is received, you'll receive your housing and roommate assignments in January for spring entrants, and on Aug. 1 for fall freshmen. Transfer students will likely be assigned together in double rooms in suite housing (some with full kitchens) on the Mount Carmel Campus or in the all-suite Crescent residence hall on the York Hill Campus. Learn more about our housing options.
For the Spring, there is an orientation session on January 21-22, details will be emailed to you from the Office of Student Affairs after we receive your deposit information.
Freshmen enrolling in Fall 2016 will attend one of the two-day orientation programs:
- Thursday-Friday, June 9-10, 2016
- Monday-Tuesday, June 13-14, 2016
- Thursday-Friday, June 16-17, 2016
- Monday-Tuesday June 20-21, 2016
If you are not able to attend a June session, you may attend Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 24-25, 2016.
Transfer students enrolling in the Fall will have a "Get Acquainted" program on Tuesday, June 7, 2016, to meet with faculty and learn more about the registration/advisement process. After that session, you'll receive instructions on how to set up your Quinnipiac email, how to log in to the MyQ internal portal, and follow through on your housing and other information. All incoming fall transfer students must attend orientation on Aug. 26, 2016.
What do I need to to prior to registration for classes for the Fall 2016 semester?
Classes begin Aug. 29, 2016. After we receive your matriculation fee, and beginning late April/ early May, you'll hear from the Office of Student Affairs via e-mail (the e-mail address you provided on your application) with instructions on setting up your Quinnipiac e-mail, how to access our MyQ internal website and our Blackboard educational program.
You will be instructed to take any placement tests online, prior to coming to orientation, so that you can register for your fall classes at the orientation program. Those coming to the last orientation session in August will be given instructions and a time frame in June to complete their registration online.
Beginning in May, most offices on campus will communicate with you at your Quinnipiac email address, so please check it often.
Is my deposit refundable?
Deposits for the Spring semester are refundable until January 4, 2016. You must notify the admissions office by email.
Fall incoming students can request a refund of your deposit if you let us know by email to the vice president and dean of admissions by June 1.
If you were admitted through the Early Decision program, the deposit is not refundable after Feb. 1.
For Freshmen and Transfer students admitted for the Fall (other than Early Decision or Accelerated Nursing), the deposit is not refundable after June 1, but we would appreciate knowing any change in your plans.
Do you want to know if I've decided to attend another institution?
Yes, we appreciate knowing (and we'll stop e-mailing you). Please email the Admissions Office with the subject line withdraw, and tell us your full name and address and your Quinnipiac ID number. If you're willing, we'd also appreciate if you'd let us know where you've decided to attend.