An education at Quinnipiac is engaging, challenging and fulfilling—and we are pleased you are interested in being a part of the excitement.
Feb. 1 is our deadline for freshmen applications, but since we read files as they become complete (our 'regular' admissions process is a 'rolling' admissions process) we encourage you to start the application process early in the fall of your senior year by filing the application and then providing us with your supporting materials. We begin reviewing complete applicant files early in November, and start notifying students of admission decisions in December.
If you are applying for nursing, or the 6 or 7 year BS/Doctorate in Physical Therapy or the 6-year BS/Masters in Physician Assistant programs, you should submit your application by Nov. 15. Please indicate a second choice of major in case we are not able to offer you admission to your first choice of major. Please send all supporting materials as soon as they are available, including your first quarter grades.
Students interested in any major may choose to apply Early Decision (binding) by indicating they are applying ED on the application, filing the application by Nov. 1 - and sending all supporting materials as soon as possible. (An ED decision will not be binding if they are not offered admission to their first choice of major). Questions? Contact the admissions office.
Deadlines for all Fall applications:
- Nov. 1: Students interested in an applying Early Decision (binding), must file the application by Nov. 1, with all supporting documents as soon after as possible (including first quarter grades when available). Those applying ED who are applying for financial aid must file the CSS Profile by Dec. 1 to be considered for Quinnipiac institutional aid and the FAFSA by March 1 to be considered for Federal financial aid. Financial Aid will be awarded based on the CSS Profile information and students who are admitted will have a Feb. 1 deposit-due date, and must withdraw applications made to other colleges. They must still file the FAFSA by March 1. Students can indicate any major they wish when applying ED. If the ED student is admitted to a major other than their first choice of major, then their deposit due date is May 1 and the ED rules do not apply.
- Jan. 1: The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form becomes available, please file it online (you'll need to visit their site and get a PIN number) as soon as you and your family are able, and before March 1 for maximum consideration for federal financial aid (PELL and SEOG grants, work study and the Stafford Loan program as examples). Quinnipiac's FAFSA code is 001402. In addition, in order to be considered for Quinnipiac Institutional need based grants, please file the CSS Profile. The Quinnipiac code is 3712.
There is no separate application or form necessary in order to be considered for academic scholarships. The Admissions office reviews all admitted students for scholarship qualifications and notifies students who qualify by letter, separate from their letter of acceptance. Learn more about the financial aid process.
- Feb. 1: Recommended deadline to apply for the fall semester, applications received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
- March 1: Both the CSS Profile (Quinnipiac's code is 3712) and the FAFSA (Quinnipiac's code is 001402) should be filed for maximum consideration for need based institutional (CSS Profile) and/or federal (FAFSA)financial aid. See the financial aid page for details.
- May 1: Enrollment deposit due date for the Fall semester.
Applications for the Spring (January) semester: All applications should be filed by Nov. 15, and have a final high school transcript showing proof of graduation sent to our office. ANY attendance at a college or university, no matter how brief must be documented and official college transcripts must be provided.