- www.fafsa.gov - To complete your FAFSA electronically
- http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile - Students must complete the CSS Profile Form in order to be considered for institutional need-based grant aid
- www.pin.ed.gov - To apply for your PIN# which is your electronic signature for FAFSA on the Web
- www.finaid.org/scholarships - A comprenensive website for students seeking outside scholarship assistance
- www.fastweb.com - FASTWEB, the nation's largest FREE scholarship search engine
- http://www.scholarshipamerica.org/ - Dollars for Scholars, a FREE service
- http://www.ombudsman.ed.gov/ - The SFA Ombudsman works with student loan borrowers to informally resolve loan disputes and problems with their Stafford, PLUS, Direct and Perkins loans. They can also be reached by phone at (877) 557-2575. This is not a contact for general loan questions.
- www.congress.org/congressorg/home/ - Contact or email your federal or state representatives.
- www.ed.gov - U.S. Department of Education
- http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education/higher-education/college-score-card - Federal information on college costs, graduation rates, loan debt and employment.
- www.finaid.org - The most comprehensive annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web. This site contains information on scholarships, scams and has an EFC calculator, to name a few highlights.
- www.nslds.ed.gov - Provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data
- www.gibill.va.gov - Department of Veteran's Affairs
- www.irs.ustreas.gov - Education Tax Credit Information
- www.nasfaa.org - National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- www.sss.gov - To register or check your registration with the selective service
- www.studentaid ed.gov - Access America makes it easy to find any kind of federal service or information you may need
- http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript - To obtain a copy of your federal tax transcript
National Credit Bureaus:
- http://www.equifax.com/ - Equifax
- http://ww.experian.com - Experian
- http://www.tuc.com/ - Trans Union
- http://www.annualcreditreport.com/ - to obtain a free copy of your credit report every 12 months
- http://www.myfico.com/ - to learn more about credit scoring