Quinnipiac University's School of Business offers an MBA program that is consistently ranked among the best in the U.S. The program regularly attracts a very high quality of prospective students and admission to the program is competitive.
Applications for the MBA program are accepted throughout the year for both full- and part-time study. Studnets may begin their studies in January, May or August. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible to ensure consideration for the semester desired.
All prospective students must submit the following:
1. Appropriate application form for either the online MBA or the part-time or full-time on-campus program.
2. Official transcripts from all institutions attended, two letters of recommendation, a current resumé and a personal statement.
3. Scores obtained on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), unless one or more of the conditions discussed below apply.
4. A request for GMAT/GRE waiver may be submitted as part of the application process. In general, applicants meeting any of the criteria below may be eligible for such a waiver with documentation of the specific circumstances under which the waiver is being requested. These include, but are not limited to:
- a. Completion of a minimum of five years of post-bachelor's, professional and progressive work experience that reflects increasing levels of responsibility, particularly in such areas as budgets, finance, operations and staff supervision.
- b. Completion of a master's or doctoral level degree from an accredited institution within 10 years of the application to the QU MBA program. This includes the JD, MD, PhD and other related degrees.
- c. Passage of the CPA or CMA exam series and possession of a license to practice.
- d. Completion of all CFA examinations and designation as a CFA charter holder.
Eligibility for a GMAT/GRE waiver does not guarantee admission. Applicants granted a waiver and subsequently denied admission may request reconsideration of their application with the inclusion of GMAT or GRE scores.
The final determination of a testing waiver is made by Quinnipiac's School of Business. This will be done as quickly as possible, but students are encouraged to submit their applications and any accompanying waiver requests as early in the admissions cycle as possible in case there are questions, additional information is needed or the standardized testing requirement is not waived. The admission decision is made by Quinnipiac's School of Business.
5. Prospective International students must submit certified translations of official transcripts prepared by World Education Services (WES) or another acceptable organization that is approved by Quinnipiac for this purpose. In addition, prospective international students must submit the materials covered in #1, #2 and #3 above.
6. All applicants from non-English-speaking countries must indicate that they have the language capability to understand business instruction in English and must provide official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. In general, a minimum TOEFL Internet-based score of 90 is required for admission (or 233 for computer based, or 575 for paper based). In lieu of TOEFL, applicants may submit International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. A minimum score of 6.5 on this exam, a B or above on the Certificate of Advanced English or a C or above on the Certificate of Proficiency in English is required. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.
7. International applicants are required to submit proof of adequate funds to complete their study at Quinnipiac University before an eligibility form (I-20) can be issued. Complete the Statement of Financial Support and submit along with supporting documentation. In addition, a copy of a passport or national ID is required. The Statement of Financial Support can be found at: www.quinnipiac.edu/gradinternational.
For more information, e-mail MBA@quinnipiac.edu.