A law school for the future
April 1, 2013 - What if you could build a law school with the newest innovations and advanced technology, combined with the kind of thoughtful design that fosters both scholarship and community? What if you could build a law school for the future?
At Quinnipiac University School of Law, we are doing exactly that: creating a truly state-of-the-art center for legal study with technology that speaks to the most current thinking in legal pedagogy. Opening in Fall 2014 on the University’s North Haven graduate campus, our new facility will showcase forward-thinking features that inspire collaboration and connection, like an abundance of team study rooms and greatly expanded space for QU Law’s extensive legal clinics.
We are also building extraordinary opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration as we join the University’s vibrant North Haven graduate community, home to the new Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine and the graduate programs in the schools of Health Sciences, Nursing and Education.
Highlights of the new QU School of Law:
- Dramatic, expansive state-of-the-art building with views of surrounding lakes and woodlands
- Designed with advanced technology anticipating the needs of today’s law students and the pedagogy of the future
- Exciting opportunities for collaboration and partnerships between QU Law and the University’s new medical school
- Thirteen classrooms, including more seminar-style classrooms and a high tech, collaborative classroom with full digital multimedia capabilities
- Legal clinic space 45 percent larger than our current clinic to accommodate QU Law's extensive clinic programs
- A large number of team study rooms, designed for shared learning and meetings
- 150-seat courtroom, with Judge’s Chambers and Jury Room
- Dispute Resolution Suite for our highly successful competition teams – Mock Trial, Moot Court and Society for Dispute Resolution
- Numerous meeting rooms for student organizations and our three journals
- Special facility for Visual Persuasion classes
- Student lounge area opening onto outdoor third floor patio terrace
Highlights of the North Haven Graduate Campus:
- Thoughtfully-designed modern complex with great shared amenities. All buildings connected or just steps away
- Beautiful light-filled dining commons with expansive windows, ample seating and outdoor patio
- Bookstore with study supplies, apparel and snacks
- Plenty of secure and convenient covered and outdoor parking
- Walking trails and yoga room. A fitness center is also planned for the campus
- Pleasant location in safe residential neighborhood in North Haven, just 15 minutes from Quinnipiac’s Mount Carmel Campus
- Close to shops, restaurants, grocery stores and other services
- Convenient to I-91 and the Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15)
This is an exciting time for QU Law. The transition to our new building is the start of a bold new chapter. Our new facility promises to enrich and expand the law school experience, providing students with the latest resources and technology along with opportunities to collaborate across disciplines. Ultimately, though, it is the people, the QU Law community, who will carry the story forward, bringing their energy, focus and enormous dedication to our great new home.