QUWAC hosts spring faculty writer's retreat
June 17, 2014 - The Quinnipiac University Writing Across the Curriculum and the Research and Writing Institute hosted its biannual spring writers retreat at the College of Arts and Sciences facility at 430 Mount Carmel Avenue on May 21 and 22. The program allows faculty members to take advantage of uninterrupted time to think and write in a collaborative, peer-driven environment.
Writing projects included internal review board proposals, research articles, book proposals, conference presentations, and novels. Some participants used the retreat to brainstorm ideas for future projects.
Faculty participants included:
- Julie Booth (physical therapy)
- Lois Church (English)
- Kathy Cooke (history/University Honors Program)
- Carol Dannhauser (journalism)
- Timothy Dansdill (English)
- Anne Eisbach (psychology)
- Eleanor Hong (communications)
- Alexander Laskin (public relations)
- Penny Leisring (psychology)
- Ben Liu (marketing and adversiting)
- Paul Pasquaretta (research and writing institute/university seminars)
The next retreat is planned for January 2015. For more information, contact Paul Pasquaretta, director of the Research and Writing Institute.