Mission, Vision + Core Values
The mission of Quinnipiac's physician assistant program is to increase access to quality health care through the education and development of caring, knowledgeable and competent physician assistants who are dedicated to:
- Professionalism - Providing care with respect, compassion and integrity with a commitment to excellence and on-going professional development.
- Leadership - Working effectively with health care professionals as a member or leader of a health care team or other professional/community group. Mentoring and developing future leaders within the profession and the community.
- Community Outreach - Demonstrating responsibility and accountability to patients, society and the profession through active community involvement and volunteerism.
- Cultural Competence - Enhancing sensitivity and developing the ability to function effectively to meet the needs of a diverse patient population.
To create a PA workforce that provides high-quality, affordable health care that is accessible to all people in all settings by fostering teamwork, critical-thinking skills, high ethical standards, and respect for diverse populations.
- Excellence - A commitment to teaching excellence and to providing quality, evidence-based health care
- Accountability - Demonstrating responsibility to patients, society and the PA profession
- Integrity - Honesty and adherence to the highest standards of professional behavior and ethical conduct
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Building partnerships within the University and the community to transform the health care system
- Advocacy and Equity - Seeking to eliminate disparities and barriers to effective, quality health care through patient advocacy and advocacy of the PA profession
- Intellectual Curiosity - Exhibiting self-reflection, critical curiosity, initiative and the enthusiastic pursuit of life-long learning