Apply to the Master of Social Work Program
View additional international
admission requirements (PDF)
All application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions at:
Office of Graduate Admissions NH-GRD
275 Mount Carmel Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Applications are reviewed once all of the required materials have been received. You can check the status of your application at the self-help center by simply logging back into the account that you created to submit your application. Additionally, you will be notified when your application has reached the Office of Graduate Admissions and which materials, if any, are outstanding.
It is your responsibility to ensure that missing documents are received prior to the stated admissions deadline. The Office of Graduate Admissions is not responsible for materials sent to other offices or personnel.
Application Start Date
The MSW program begins in the fall or spring semesters. The program is on a rolling admission schedule and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applicants are reviewed and a decision is rendered upon receipt of all required documents.
Full-time students: Fall semester deadline, March 15.
Part-time students: Fall semester, suggested filing date by July 15. Spring semester, suggested filing date by Nov. 15.
Students who hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 20 semester credits in liberal arts and a course in statistics (with a grade of C or higher), are eligible for admission to the MSW degree program. Applicants should also have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0. Those who do not meet the GPA minimum, but otherwise have a strong application, may be considered for provisional admission.
- Application: Complete the information required on the application form.
- Fee: You will be asked to include a non-refundable application fee of $45 by credit or debit card when submitting your application.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from ALL undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended (including part-time and summer study). If you received transfer credit from another institution, it is still necessary to send a transcript from the original university. These transcripts must be provided by the institutions in a sealed envelope.
- Evaluator Forms/Letters of Recommendation: You must have two professional references submitted on your behalf. Once you enter your recommenders' contact information on the application, they will automatically be emailed a form to complete and return to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Letter of Intent: You will be asked to include a letter of intent discussing why you wish to pursue the master of social work program and how a degree from Quinnipiac will assist you in your career goals.
- Resume: You will be asked to include an up-to-date resume.
- International applicants - please review additional admission requirements.
If you're considering one of Quinnipiac's outstanding graduate programs, you're on your way to joining a graduate community committed to academic excellence and professional preparation at the highest level.
Our secure online application is designed to be convenient and efficient. If you need assistance with your application--or would like additional information on your program of interest-- contact the staff in Graduate Admissions.