Quinnipiac's stunning new School of Law Center has opened on the University's North Haven Campus, the dynamic center for graduate study at Quinnipiac.
With architecture that is both boldly inspiring and thoughtfully intuitive, the new School of Law Center has been designed to anticipate the needs of today's law students with a spirit that is decidedly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and practical. From the impressive two-tiered Courtroom to the soaring two-story Library Atrium, the new School of Law Center asserts its presence with style, with sophisticated technology and an emphasis on community throughout.
Striking and modern, the new School of Law Center is welcoming, too--with generous use of curved lines and natural light, a connection to the outdoors, and environments that encourage all aspects of law school life, from professional gatherings to small group collaborations, from a busy legal clinic to quiet spaces for study and reflection.
The move to the North Haven Campus is a strategic one, bringing the School of Law together with other graduate programs on a common campus, creating an exceptional environment for advanced professional study along with rich opportunities for interdisciplinary learning with the other graduate disciplines that call the campus home, including the University's Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine and graduate programs in social work as well as in the Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Education.
Highlights of the new QU School of Law Center
|View a photo gallery highlighting our new state-of-the-art law center in North Haven.|
- Dramatic, expansive state-of-the-art building with views of surrounding lakes and woodlands
- 154,749 square foot facility encompassing three floors
- Thirteen classrooms, including seminar-style classrooms and a high tech, collaborative classroom with full digital multimedia capabilities
- 180-seat, two-tiered courtroom, complete with Judge's Chambers and Jury Deliberation Room
- Legal clinic space featuring 40 student work stations, two dedicated classrooms, and two mediation rooms to accommodate QU Law's extensive clinic programs
- Beautiful two-story library atrium. The library includes reading rooms, collaborative space, and Library Commons, a gathering space for law school and professional groups
- 18 small group study/seminar rooms designed for shared learning
- Dispute Resolution Suite and Mock Trial Practice Room for our highly successful competition teams - Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Society for Dispute Resolution
- Offices and conference rooms dedicated to our student organizations, student-run journals, and competition teams
- Video editing studio to be used to create trial exhibits and coursework for Visual Persuasion classes
- Student lounge area and outdoor third floor terrace
- First floor outdoor patio facing the lake
Highlights of the North Haven Graduate Campus
- Graduate-centered campus with five graduate schools: medicine, health sciences, nursing, education and law, as well as a masters in social work program.
- Beautifully landscaped 104 acre campus with walking paths and outdoor seating
- Easy access to New Haven, Hartford, New York, and Boston. Convenient to I-91 and the Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15)
- Thoughtfully designed modern complex with great shared amenities; all academic buildings connected
- Full-service dining hall and beautiful light-filled dining commons with expansive windows, views of the lake and fountains, ample seating, and an outdoor patio
- Fitness classes, yoga and meditation rooms
- Fully equipped bookstore with study supplies, apparel and accessories
- Convenient parking with a 4-level covered parking garage as well as outdoor surface parking for approximately 2,000 vehicles
The North Haven Campus is located at 370 Bassett Road, North Haven, CT 06473. Our mailing address is 275 Mount Carmel Avenue, Hamden, CT 06518.