School of Law Center, North Haven Campus
At Quinnipiac University School of Law, we are creating a truly state-of-the-art center for legal study with technology that speaks to the most current thinking in legal pedagogy.
Opening in Fall 2014 on the University's North Haven graduate campus, our new 154,749-square-foot facility will showcase forward-thinking features that inspire collaboration and connection, like an abundance of team study rooms and greatly expanded space for QU Law's extensive legal clinics.
The transition to this new building is the start of a bold new chapter. Our law center promises to enrich and expand the law school experience, providing students with the latest resources and technology.
We are also building extraordinary opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration as we join the University's vibrant North Haven graduate community, home to the new Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine and the graduate programs in the School of Health Sciences, School of Nursing and School of Education as well as the master of social work program. Sharing a campus with students in these programs allows for the possibility of formal as well as informal collaboration and partnerships.
Highlights of the new QU School of Law Center
- Dramatic, expansive state-of-the-art building with views of surrounding lakes and woodlands
- 154,749 square foot facility encompassing three floors
- Thirteen classrooms, including more seminar-style classrooms and a high tech, collaborative classroom with full digital multimedia capabilities
- 180-seat, two-tiered courtroom, complete with Judge's Chambers and Jury Deliberation Room
- Legal clinic space 40 percent larger than our current clinic to accommodate QU Law's extensive clinic programs
- Beautiful two-story library atrium. The library also includes three reading rooms and numerous study carrels
- 18 small group study/seminar rooms designed for shared learning
- Dispute Resolution Suite and Mock Trial Practice Room for our highly successful competition teams - Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Society for Dispute Resolution
- Offices and workspace for student organizations and for our three student-run journals
- Special editing studio for Visual Persuasion classes
- Student lounge area opening onto outdoor third floor terrace
- First floor outdoor patio facing the lake
Highlights of the North Haven Graduate Campus
- Graduate-centered campus with five graduate schools: medicine, health sciences, nursing, education and law, as well as a masters in social work program.
- The North Haven campus is set on 104 acres with easy access to New Haven, Hartford, New York, and Boston. Convenient to I-91 and the Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15)
- Thoughtfully designed modern complex with great shared amenities; all academic buildings connected
- Full-service dining hall and beautiful light-filled dining commons with expansive windows, ample seating, and outdoor patio
- A 9,800 square foot campus fitness center to open in Fall 2014
- Expanded bookstore planned
- Convenient parking with a 4-level covered parking garage as well as outdoor surface parking that will accommodate approximately 2,000 vehicles
Getting to the North Haven Campus
The North Haven Campus is located at 370 Bassett Road, North Haven, CT 06473.