The Department of Public Safety provides the following services:
- Maintains security 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Responds to all requests for assistance.
- Responds to and investigates all complaints and submits written follow-up reports.
- Responds to all emergencies and assists at medical emergencies. All Public Safety staff members receive on-going campus security and safety training.
- Conducts regular checks of all residential and academic buildings for the safety and protection of the Quinnipiac community.
- Offers escort service (walking escort) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Conducts regular foot patrol of all campus buildings and residential buildings.
- Provides perimeter security (guard stations) at all entrances of the campus, seven nights a week during the academic year.
- Provides and maintains security for all student and Quinnipiac campus events.
- Maintains a working relationship with all law enforcement agencies and other emergency service agencies on matters related to the security and safety of the campus.
- Assists all members of the campus community who have a motor vehicle problem (e.g. jump start, attempt to unlock vehicles).
Above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities and services, the Department of Public Safety also:
- Presents videos and conducts seminars and group discussions regarding personal safety and campus security.
- Conducts fire drills and "Fire Awareness Week" with a representative from the Hamden Fire Department.
- The chief of security and safety and the director of facilities hold discussions regarding security and safety and students' responsibilities.
- Representatives from various police departments discuss law enforcement and how it affects you as a student at Quinnipiac.
- Provides information and guidance relating to security and safety on Quinnipiac property to any member of the campus community.
- If a student or student group desires a specific safety program, the department will design one to meet their needs.
- Maintains a lost and found. Always check with the department for any missing property.