Freshmen enrolling in Fall 2016 will attend one of the two-day orientation programs:
- Session One: Thursday-Friday, June 9-10, 2016
- Session Two: Monday-Tuesday, June 13-14, 2016
- Session Three: Thursday-Friday, June 16-17, 2016
- Session Four: Monday-Tuesday, June 20-21, 2016
If you are not able to attend a June session, you may attend Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 24-25, 2016.
A student only needs to attend one session. We ask that the student be present for the duration of the session and actively participate in all activities. Late arrivals and early dismissals are not allowed due to the group experience.
Transfer student orientation will take place on Friday, Aug. 26, 2016.
When should we plan to arrive on campus for a session?
Move-In is scheduled from 8-10 a.m. of the first day of your session. Please keep in mind that you could potentially be dealing with rush hour traffic so please plan accordingly. If you are traveling from a distance of more than 3.5 hours, you may call Campus Life at 203-582-8673 to request an arrival date the evening prior to your Orientation session. Unfortunately, we can only offer overnight accommodations to students and will not be able to accommodate parents.
Students may drive themselves to Orientation. Please note that cars will be parked in a lot, and that lot will be locked for the duration of the program. Once students are on campus, they are not allowed to leave until the end of the Orientation session on their second day at approximately 4 p.m.
When will we be notified about New Student Orientation and how do we register?
In late April/early May, all students who have paid deposits will be sent, via the e-mail address they gave the admissions office, an invitation to register for New Student Orientation. This is an online process only; therefore, phone registrations cannot be accepted. Students are not only registering for an Orientation session, they are also creating their Quinnipiac accounts (email, WebAdvisor, etc.).
Will there be placement assessments during New Student Orientation?
No. Placement assessments are all done online via QStart (step #5). Students should complete them a minimum of five days prior to their scheduled Orientation session.
Will registration for fall classes take place at New Student Orientation?
Students who choose to participate in a June session will register for their fall courses at Orientation. Students who choose to participate in the August session will register for courses the last week of June. A percentage of seats are opened for each Orientation, and capacities are maintained and monitored for each registration window. Following the five registration windows, students will continue to have registration access from July 1- Aug. 30 and may make changes to their schedule throughout the summer.
What should students bring to campus?
- A personal device with wireless Internet capabilities. A personal device can be either a laptop computer or tablet. Not a smart phone.
- Printed copy of your placement score results (QStart step #6)
- Printed copy of your academic evaluation report (QStart step #6)
- Printed copy of your course selection sheet (QStart step #6)
- Linens (sheets and/or sleeping bag, blankets, pillows)
- Towels and washcloth
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste etc.)
- Casual dress (comfortable shoes, sneakers)
- Spending money (meals are included but you may want to purchase snacks or Quinnipiac apparel)
Where can I get more information?
The Department of Campus Life