The Department of the Student Center and Campus Life believes that learning and education do not stop when you leave the classroom. It's our goal to further the growth and development of our students through a variety of programs and opportunities, including the Leadership Development Program.
In all our interactions with students, we instill essential life skills that will enable students to be effective and responsible citizens. To this end, the office challenges students to:
- Enrich and deepen their self-knowledge
- Develop self-confidence and competence
- Manage their time, energy and efforts in order to live multi-faceted, balanced lives
- Recognize and assume accountability for their actions
- Communicate and interact effectively
- Think creatively and critically
- Understand and employ multiple perspectives
- Understand and embrace the responsibilities necessary to ethically employ their leadership
Center staff also provides support for the more than 90 student organizations on campus, with guidance for both student members and faculty advisers. If there is an activity you would like to see or a club you would like to start, contact us and we will be happy to discuss your ideas and assist you in the process of seeing your vision become a reality.
The Department of the Student Center and Campus Life offices are located on the fourth floor of the Rocky Top Student Center.
Meet the staff