Multicultural education is a key component of the Quinnipiac experience. The Office of Multicultural and Global Education provides advocacy for the cultivation of a sustainable campus environment that is supportive of a diverse student body.
Our office works collaboratively with academic and administrative units to foster intercultural dialogue and programming. We deliver academic and social mentorship for underrepresented students to live, work, lead and succeed in a multicultural and global world.
We assist multicultural student organizations in leadership development to enhance their active engagement and participation in the University community.
We offer programming that enhances students' understanding and appreciation of various, ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, socio-economic class, and other cultural identities.
Programs throughout the year include:
- Hispanic Heritage - celebrated Sept. 15 to Oct. 15
- American Indian Heritage - celebrated in November
- Holidays Around the World - celebrating all cultures in December
- African American Heritage - celebrated in February
- Women's History - celebrated in March
- Asian/Pacific Islander Heritage - celebrated in April
- National Transgender Remembrance Day sponsored by Queers & Allies
- National Coming Out Day
- Chinese New Year Celebration